Friday, July 14, 2006

Today was a bad day.

It was hot, my leather messenger bag stained my white blouse, and it seems like every person I know in the world is engaged, pregnant, promoted, or being stupendously happy in general.

With my l'il black raincloud on top of my head, I took myself & my grumpy thoughts into a very air conditioned mall, where I settled onto a bench to regroup. I was alone for all of a minute when a powersuit settled in beside me, with her fresh cup of Starbucks.

God, I miss coffee. It's been months since I've had any. The aromas wafting over might as well have been the devil, and being so miffed at the injustice of my day, I actually wanted to rip the cup out of her hands and guzzle it down like a woman possessed.

Fortunately, my desire to not be thrown in a jail cell overrode my want of her coffee. Unfortunately, that made me even more grumpy, and I made do with one last, miserable glance at her coffee. She had it turned to the side in such a way so that I could read this:

The Way I See It: #71: The minute you decide to settle, you end up with less than you decided to settle for.

Inner drama. Questions. For one, how do you know when you've settled? Will you know when it's too late, or are there some kind of warning bells?

With that said, how do you even know if there's more out there for you, so you don't settle for what you're with?

And with that said, why do relationships make us so scared all the time?

Why do I even think of relationships when I read cup #71?

6 comments:

g string addict said...

Dear FG - here is a hug for you.

Let "it" all go.

You are still wonderful :)

Lance Morrison said...

I think the cup was referring to DVD's at Blockbuster. You settle for the Jennifer Aniston movie, and it was far less than you settled for (as they all are).

I'm sure one should never 'settle' for a relationship. If you feel like you're settling and that there is another one (a bigger, a stronger, a better looking version) out there, then one is truly not in love, and should leave the relationship straight away.

Big smooches to you. I'd never settle for you! I'd choose you! And love you and hug you and squeeze you, and pet you. Well, if I was into girls, that is.

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Now, where would I be without y'all? I definitely wouldn't be saying YALL, that's for sure.

Hypoxic, thanks for the wishes, b and common girl, thanks for the hugs and comments :) Common girl, I stopped drinking coffee to avoid the milk/cream and sugar that I love putting in it!

Lancey, smooches, you always know just which of my good buttons to push. (pant pant)

Needless to say, I've spent a very colourful evening with Raj & James, they always make me howl, and I shall be posting about it in the near future. Toodles :)

Lance Morrison said...

awwwwwww, Look. you're first blog junk mail.

The Tormented Girl said...

See look at what quitting coffee is getting you - pensive, anxious, analytic, introspective. Quitting coffee is just WRONG! Quit the sugar and switch to no fat cream for godsake! Do NOT swear at me like that Girly... geez... no coffee... as IF!

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Hi lady88, thanks for stopping by and reading, I think the problem with us moody cancers is we just think too damn much!

Tormented, I have to give up coffee, can't drink it without sugar. When I'm absolutely dying though, I have a high caffeine content tea with a smattering of cream. It's not coffee, but then I'm sure that true to form, I'll ditch my "giving up coffee" thing in the fall, just like I always do!