Monday, July 24, 2006

Miuccia, my love affair with you is a painful one. It looks so good but baby, it hurts so bad.

Whoever invented high heels was a genius. Heels are flattering, confidence boosting, and elevate women's legs to art form.

That same person was also a sadistic pig. Standing for hours in three, often four inches plus can really grate on your feet, knees, legs, back; absolutely everything, in fact. If you see a high-heeled woman doing a lot of standing or sitting still she isn't necessarily being a snob, she could be the victim of fashion torture. Not to mention the ridiculous styles that come from out of left field every few years that everyone just has to wear, like the pointed toe shoe. If I was meant to wear pointy shoes, I would either have V-shaped feet or fly a broom.

As I write this, I am wearing the Miu Mius that were a part of my super grand 30th birthday shopping ode to myself. My Mius are by far the most sublime footwear to ever grace my closet. 4.5 inches of heel on tanned, distressed buffalo hyde strappy sandals, two ropes criscrossing my arches and showing off just the right amount of toe cleavage. They are resplendent, they are dazzling, they transform my piggies into exotic, mysterious objets. If it is possible for a non-fetishist to become thoroughly perverted by her own feet, it happens to me with my Mius.

One small problem: I can't exactly walk in them.

Well I can *walk* in them, don't be silly, it's that I can't walk properly, normally, functionally in them. Miuccia Prada designed these shoes in the darndest of ways: absolutely no platform underneath the sole, not a scrap, and not a breadth of rubber or gription of any kind. Same for the bottom of the heel. While I can understand that such practicalities, um, indescribably *mar* great fashion, it also sends reality straight through the fucking window when you actually try to use what you've bought.

Take me, for instance. I do not have a billionaire sugar daddy with fast cars and door to door service at every establishment on earth. Unfortunately, and who would have thought I'd be wistful for this, I no longer have bleach blonde Salmon barking militant instruction while I trundle the runway. "That's right girls! Right! Left! Right! Less crotch please, we are maw-dells, not whores!"

All I have is myself, my feet and some great shoes that at present, stiffen me up like a hot dog. It's like trying to walk on your tiptoes with skinny bricks glued to your heels. The long way up. Being that I'm already vertically gifted, those 4.5 inchers mammoth-ize me so greatly that there's no room for error.

So, while it's all nice and cute to just sit here and swing my strappy sandalled feet around, admiring their fine form and lustre, I do actually want to wear these shoes in a few weeks and so, practice practice practice!

I think I've gotten better. The first time around, I made it around my room with the gait of a wounded sloth. Just today, I cleared the basement most gracefully while balancing Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on my head. Small steps, that's the trick. Maybe in time I'll attempt a snap turn, but for now I'm just grateful I'm standing.

And in my Mius, stand tall I do. 6'2 1/2 to be exact. My goal for that day is to be the tallest in the room. I have a wedding to attend.

15 comments:

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Yeah but when you get old, hair starts to grow from your ears.

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Who says I'm wearing them most of my life? It's just for one morning to intimidate the flying crap out of any who dare oppose me.

Height works well with fear. You talk like a man under 6'0. You should get some.

With Love, Fat Girl said...

I am not looking for a man that is intimidated by height, I am merely weeding out the intimidated to catch the catch of a century.

Also, I am not wearing said heels that day to pick up men. I am wearing them to scare everyone stupid. It is something of a delicate situation, you see.

As for being taller than tall, but of course. Given your profession, you must be able to wind a gajillion foot long hose around your ankle.

Is there still room for donuts?

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Cold. So cold.

I am not weeding out the stupid, I am weeding out the short. Usually I do not weed out anything, as 98% of my shoe existence is flip flops.

Being a certified copy-whatever allows me to create whatever words I damn well please. As such it at least provides in entertainment value.

However, that was only because you took *forever* in telling me how long your hose is.

Next time, banter with me during the day. I can assure you I'm a more formidable opponent when fully awake.

Lance Morrison said...

People people people! Calm yourselves. This is getting much too much for one little comments section.

That being said, I have to agree with Hypoxic Drive, It's good to be a man. To a man, a good pair of shoes means they wear well, and are supremely comfortable. The more you spend, the more comfortable (usually).

Between that, the menstrual cramps and child birth, I think we got the good end of the deal.

g string addict said...

hahaha...

FG - good luck with the heels, they will be worth it. They have been for me, and they will for you.

Coz you wear them for YOU not thats why!

With Love, Fat Girl said...

B, as always, you make my day.

Lancey, thank you. By the way, did you ever get around to padding those white swim trunks you told me about? You know to make your ass look more "shapely?" :D

Lance Morrison said...

I DARE SAY! I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about.

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Quick, search the inner reaches of your comfortables shoes manhood. Are you SURE sure?

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Hypoxic, I'm going to ask you very nicely to not further bash my reason for wearing heels as an intimidation factor. It is not an all the time thing, it is for a specific occasion. Just the one.

You don't know what occasion it is, the people I will be with, or what they have been saying about me for the better part of a year. You have no knowledge of that. Therefore, this will be cut right now.

I do not NEED heels to intimidate, I can shut most anyone up in a nanosecond and that alone, is enough. But for said event, I want the whole nine yards. I want to stand tall. Literally.

Tom said...

i do not envy women or trannies cuz having to wear heals would be a total bitch! i seriously don't know how people do it. walking in sandals is tough enough for me.

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Some heels aren't so bad. Chunky heels are more comfortable than a lot of shoes, actually.

It's the ridiculous looking ones that get you :)

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Thank you, thank you. I shall do my very best.

I have another pair for the reception that are an inch shorter. My snap turn wearing these shoes is something fierce. Yeehaw.

Lixi said...

Heels punctuate a woman's power. It is a well-put together's outfit exclaimation point.

You put your skirt on. Short, preferably, perhaps with a bit of a flirty flounce. Then that lovely top that oh so perfectly draws out the shade of a pair of eyes you labored at least half an hour over.

The earings, the necklace, the bracelet, the lipstic, the perfume. But it's nothing-- until you slide on that pair of heels that sort of just give your calve muscles and butt that extra bit of definition.

So, as you're walking away after having delivered some sort of meaningful message, the fella left behind is left speechless not just by the sway of your oh so fine rear end, or that lovely set of extra fine looking legs....

But by the steady click click click of your heels as you fade away in the distance.

Point made.

You men just haven't realised it yet :: grin ::

The Tormented Girl said...

oh heeelll yeah! I'm a recently outted shoe fetishest and bugger it if you can't walk it them, walking is over rated anyway. As long as your feet look good who gives a flying fuck. And just for the record I'm 6'1 in my new boots [which I'll post shortly cuz I just can't help myself] and fucking proud of it. Gimme more...

ai - I'm just loving your appreciation for the finer details - you rock!