Thursday, February 01, 2007

I’m wildly ticklish, and Sandy takes full advantage of it. It’s not as bad as when I was a kid, I’d practically be in hysterics if someone looked at me wrong. But it’s still pretty nuts, especially since lover boy knows every which button to push.

There we are, lying in his bed, peacefully watching TV. Out of the blue Sandy rams two fingers up my armpit, and it’s all downhill from there. I shriek and try to fend him off, but it usually ends with him wrestling me down and blowing raspberries into my navel. That alone doubles me up so badly, I’m practically in tears by the time he’s done.

Yesterday was a longer session than usual, and even though I’d managed to wriggle out of his grasp, I was so drained from laughter that he easily caught me time and again. After a little while when we were mostly still again I asked him, totally out of breath, “Whytheheckdoyouticklemesomuch?”

Mischievous grin, sarcastic cackle. “I love to hear you laugh. I like to think it means you’re happy. “

So much. I still can’t believe you’re here. Let’s always be like this. Don’t change.

“I’m very happy. Please stop tickling me now?”

He complied. For 10 seconds. Then out of the blue, shouted, “Never!” and wrestled me down again.

I ended up falling off the bed. Shits and giggles.

7 comments:

Airam said...

You realize that I'm living my love life through your stories? Please don't stop writing about your moments with Sandy ... I'm begging you!

Foofa said...

I hate the navel raspberry. I can deal with most tickles but that one gets me every time. I hope only the giggles were literal and not the shits.

Anonymous said...

Wildly ticklish, eh?

I might take advantage of that one day... after a brain injury that makes me forget that you could crack me open like a boiled lobster.

Anonymous said...

I HATE being tickled and usually inadvertatly severely injure the poor wretch who attempts such a dangerous act.

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Airam... I told him you said that, and I got a big smile. Your tickle prince isn't far off either, I'm sure.

Natalie, no shits. Could you imagine?! Anya, I've warned him time and again that one day he's going to accidentally get a black eye.

DJW, I would indeed crack you open like a boiled lobster. You know me too well.

Mrs. Loquacious said...

My Hubbs also likes to tickle me or make stupid jokes or act incredibly goofy, all for the purposes of getting me to laugh. He likes the laugh, the smile, and just the overall joyfulness that comes from my giggling.

Our wedding day was full of laughter, too. It is one of those traits that characterizes our relationship, I'm proud to say! :)

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Mrs. Loquacious, thanks for coming by and reading! Stop by anytime, and I'll visit you in turn.

I've realized, better late than never, I hope, that laughter in a relationship is the way to go. It's something I want to keep.