Sunday, February 25, 2007

50 People

I couldn’t just up and leave again for a few days without a parting gift, so, inspired from another’s blog (thanks Emma!) is this little ditty. 50 people I know, many of whom are somehow connected to this blog, and even some who aren’t. Care to guess which number is yours?

1) Punch buggy blue, no comebacks! More like 50 comebacks… oops, there we go again, beating up on each other in the back seat of mom’s and dad’s Oldsmobile.

2) Gouda, Gorgonzola, Gruyere. That’s the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it.

3) With the tiniest little twist on what I said about you before: She has an inner strength she does not quite realize. Yet.

4) Although I love your writing and your blog, you never bothered blogrolling me. And, you turned your comments off. What can I say except, your days here are numbered.

5) My hair, thankfully, has never been the same. Neither has my taste for inappropriate jokes.

6) We grew up together, and have always lived within 10 minutes of each other. I’m always glad to hear from you!

7) I was never one for gossip columns until you came around. Your comments on that Ricky Martin, Mark Anthony & J Lo photo had me in stitches.

8) I never thought I’d be reconnecting with a cousin I never even knew I had, halfway through my 29th year. I also didn’t expect we’d make such great friends!

9) We have been friends for years, and reconnected awhile ago during some of the worst times of our lives. We cried on each other’s shoulders, and have done our best to provide inspirational pep talks. You are everything to your daughters, and their rock in this time of confusion. Your strength astounds me. Keep fighting the good fight.

10) I am told you bake excellent pies, but we have yet to schedule a bake-off. March? April?

11) You haven’t written since November. Where have you gone?

12) Your thirst for activism and human rights inspire me to do more.

13) You call yourself tormented; I call you fabulous. You’d be my first choice for a martini date.

14) You were one of my first regular readers, and we even had the pleasure of chatting once. I’m so glad your life is heading in the direction you dreamed it would!

15) Our 12th grade Science Fair project melted into oblivion, but we still managed to bullshit our way into third place. And yes, I’m the most delinquent caller on the face of this earth!

16) I have never met you, but you are friend of #15. She told me once that you come here to read, and I want you to know that I very sincerely appreciate that. Cheers!

17) You are truly a wonderful person, and will be a huge success in the doggie business. I couldn’t be happier for you.

18) Even though we’ve never met, we both must have fabulous hair. And while you’re a wonderful writer, honey, your blog can be a bitch to get to!

19) We’ve been best friends since that fateful frosh orientation many years ago. Although you’ll probably never see this because you keep forgetting the site address.

20) You were brave enough to begin the process of rediscovering yourself, starting with the adventure of a lifetime next month. Savour every single minute, for it is a Great Beginning.

21) A mutual friend introduced us a few years ago, and we’ve gotten along famously ever since. We have yet to meet in person, but it will happen someday. I’d like to know though, where have you gone? It’s been ages, and I hope you’re doing well.

22) We work together three hours a week, and I must say, you’re a heck of a lot of fun. May we always have our Ipods and health & trash mags to entertain ourselves with – but only when the internet signals go down!

23) You’re family, and I’ve asked you to read here many times. I’ve got a feeling you’re not quite telling me the truth about being a faithful reader – we’ll know after this, though.

24) I really did want for you to be the one, even as I was writing the letter. May you find your heart someday, and may it be soon.

25) I’ve always wondered, is that wig & lipstick photo on your template really you?

26) Five words: Gym class with Miss. Casey. Good Lord.

27) You have been through more in the past few years than most people go through in their whole lives. You’re one of my bestest friends ever, though you must think me one of the crappiest friends on earth. I’m so sorry I haven’t called.

28) You’re a fireman, and tall enough to withstand me in my Miu Miu heels. Say hi to #21 for me.

29) I love your blog for its pictures and quirky nature, but have to wonder: do you ever come here to read, and if you do, why do you never comment?

30) You were my father’s friend and business associate first; despite my lackadaisical nature at writing actual letters, I have and will always consider you a very important person in my life. I truly look up to you, and hope to learn much more from you in the years to come. I hope to someday be a big an inspiration to another, as you have been to me.

31) We have shared many lives together, you and I, as many different people and in many different places. You have always been there for me, and though I didn’t know it at the time, you picked me up when I most needed it. Always, thank you.

32) Listening to you talk about her makes me giddy with happiness for you. At last, and, how wonderful. Enjoy each other.

33) You tried to destroy me. Tried. Never come near me again.

34) Magnificent hair, your trademark.

35) I love your writing and linked you long ago. Why did you never do the same for me?

36) Culinary genius. You will be the toast of this city someday.

37) You were the first ever to comment on anything I’d ever written here, but our correspondence got lost in the shuffle. I wish you the best of luck in your far away homeland.

38) Twenty-something, teacher-ish, witty and crazy fun. I’m very glad you’re here!

39) You live in one of my favourite cities, and always have the most interesting musings. Your comments make me evaluate myself, and your lyrics get me a-thinking.

40) You tried to step between mine and his short time together, but it didn’t work. It’s none of your business who I see or don’t see, or in what context I see them. Sure you’re in love with him, but do you forget you’re married? I told you about this place when I was truly in sympathy for you during your illness, and I’ve regretted it ever since. Never come back here, ever again.

41) I’m sorry for never replying after you sent me those wonderful jam recipes.

42) You’re hilarious, you have a puppy, you had surgery and now I must ask, where did you go?

43) I read your story in a book last year, and your blog was very inspirational. You were one of the first people to ever link me, and that tickled me pink. You haven’t written in months.

44) We are great friends and will always be. One of the great parts of our friendship is how you humour me and my verbal skills, so to speak. May your path be prosperous, and may you find your dreams.

45) You’ve been devotedly reading here since the very beginning, almost, and seeing your name in the comments box always makes my day. Your girls sound cute as pie.

46) You are a marvel, and a great supporter. One day, we will have a tea party in the land Down Under.

47) You’ve just started coming recently, and I love reading your stuff as much as I love seeing your name in the comments box.

48) All the one timers, you people who have dropped in here and there to let me know you’re around, thank you.

49) You are the reader(s) who come here every day, yet I never seem to hear from you. I’d love to know what you think.

50) After all these years, we found each other again. You are my forever.

See you all in a few days!

16 comments:

Airam said...

Your 50 comment almost made me cry!! What are you doing to me woman!!

Ok ... I think I'm in there somewhere. My first guess is 38 because I'm teacher-ish. My second guess is 18 because my blog was a big mess.

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Airam, you're almost as big a sap as I am! And yes, you're #38!

Unknown said...

hahahah too funny! when you get back it will be march. sad for so many reasons :( see ya soon! i can;t wait to read from the beginning!

Mood Indigo said...

I think I'm 20 - thanks!!!

g string addict said...

im 46 :) *hugs* have heaps of fun!!!

Foofa said...

I'm guessing #39. This was too much fun to read. I Have fun and we'll see you in March.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Natalie, this post is great!!

I'm going to guess that i'm included in this list and that i'm #45?

Anonymous said...

I know, I know .... I'm #1. Not being snobby or anything - but I am. Remember ALL those times we nearly killed each other in the back seat of the car because of all those damn "punch buggies" (and me trying to explain to you that just because I punched you "punch buggy" didn't mean you could try to punch me back harder for the SAME "punch buggy".) And everytime mom and dad would yell "what are you two doing back there?" In stereo, ALL the time "nothing". Yeah, nice try. That game lasted forever... along with the geography game - remember that one .... I say a place, whatever the last letter is, you have to think of a city, province, state, country, county, continent, whichever. And those a's and o's would run out so quickly. O.K. Enough about all of that. I KNOW you're having a fantastic time since I spoke to you today. I also know who #5, 8, 12, 17, 19, 30, 33, 36 and of course, #50 are - and I'm sure I know a few more of you. What I'd like to know is who #3 is - listen, I'm going to go and call you and pick your brain. Too bad that you're on vacation - you brought this on yourself! (hehe) As for being my sister ... we've apparently been in many lives together, and there's no one else I'd rather be spending all of them and more with - dummy!

Emma in Canada said...

3 sounds familiar. And I have to say I'd love to hear the story behind 40.

Anonymous said...

What a tag, I don't think I choose which 50 to include :p
Hope you're enjoying your vaycay

Anonymous said...

Yo Dread, finally got a chance to read your Fab 50, thanks a million. HOpe Vegas was fun...did you happen to run into my favorite Blackjack dealer Mario at the Luxor? Love ya #9

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't you be back from Vegas and posting already? Hope you had a great time!!

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Glad you all though it was fun and I see I made it obvious enough for you all to guess?? Well done!

Didn't run into Mario at the Luxor, though did trundle through that hotel.

Thanks to all of you who read and replied, and if you didn't reply to the nice things I wrote about you, cough LANCE, you suck!

And yes, I'm back... stay tuned...

The Tormented Girl said...

You've got yourself a date lady!

Anonymous said...

#42 I'm here! I'm here!

(btw, my puppy has figured out the Dutch Oven technique, and stinks boy and I off the couch at least once a week with it.)

:) :)

thanks for including me!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I'm going to guess that I'm #25? If so, yes, it's really me. :) I love coming here and reading what you say and I hate that I don't do it more often. Blog on, sister! XOXO