Saturday, February 24, 2007

Ruby Tuesday, my partner in crime from our high school days, taught me how to play Blackjack. We were in our senior year, and devotedly played the game during the blank space on our schedules otherwise known as Study Period.

Honestly, who uses that time to actually study? And besides that, I’ve never seen any dealer shuffle cards with the speed or efficiency of Ruby Tuesday. She explained the entire game to me with all its little intricacies, and its been a fascination ever since.

I’m not a die hard gambler, though, so a Las Vegas trip is a safe bet for me. I was there once before several years back, but right as I was coming off a serious bout of fever & food poisoning. I didn’t do any drinking, slept in the air conditioned hotel room while everyone else was at the pool, and came out pale as death in all the pictures.

Online, the Vegas deals run aplenty, so it wasn’t a hard decision to finalize. Sandy has never been and, needless to say, we’re both getting more excited as our departure date gets closer. We’ll have a few days of warmer weather, spas, shopping, sightseeing, fabulous dinners and, best of all, uninterrupted each other time.

Maybe we’ll even manage to play some Blackjack on the side.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take me with you? I can probably fit in a carry-on or something, then I'll leave you two alone until it's time to come back ;)

Airam said...

Have fun!

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Thanks! And Queenie, I only have one suitcase packed, go fit yourself into a nice tote and I'll stuff you in the overhead bin :)

Anonymous said...

Totally unrelated to this blog post but...YES I DON'T GET COUNTRY MUSIC EITHER!!!!