Friday, February 03, 2006

I told Oli about my dream, and she reminded me that just a few hours before I'd gone to sleep that night I'd been madly plunging a toilet at Starbucks. It's not in my nature to clean up toilet mess in public but I was absolutely dying to pee, and go figure the yuppy bastard in front of me had used the entire roll and naturally, tried to flush away the evidence. When there is a line of people waiting to use the bathroom why would you not clean up after yourself?? In fact, why would you not clean up after yourself at all?? And the worst of it was that he'd used *so much* toilet paper the damn thing wouldn't unclog after a couple of tries. Fantastic way to spend an afternoon, hands on a plunger and one foot on the bowl, pelting out fuckers, motherfuckers, assholes and stupid dicks one after the other. I think stupid dick got the jist, and the earful, because by the time I'd gotten out, mad as hell, he was gone.

Signs be damned. I must learn to panic less. And Starbucks redeemed itself too, when I noticed that my grande paper tea cup had a different number, and a different saying:

The Way I See It #63

Our lives are inspired by the dreams we have from the earliest stages of our youth. When you combine passion and hard work, then success is always possible. While no road is ever straight, dedication and persistence will always lead you to your dreams.

That makes me feel a little less pressure about having #53 for two weeks running, and still being fuzzy on my unique donation to humankind. After all, the road will go where it goes.

It made me feel good about this whole thing, too. The road is never straight, but all the right elements are there and I'm positive I'll get to where I have to go.

That made me feel better.

2 comments:

Lance Morrison said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lance Morrison said...

Maybe your unique donation to mankind is your blog?
Or your willingness to act as a beard for said muslim parents?
Or your willingness to plunge other peoples doodie?
Or your fantastic conversational skills on the subway?
Or... oh I don't know. Throw me a bone here.