Friday, February 10, 2006

I need to drink more Green Tea. While I still need black to mule kick me awake in the morning, the "dietary benefits of green tea for responsible, healthy individuals" are hard to ignore.

Green Tea is full of antioxidants. It's good for cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, high cholesterol, impaired immune function and cardiovascular disease. And studies have also shown that "green tea extracts are capable of reducing fat digestion by inhibiting digestive enzymes. Others have shown thermogenic properties of green tea (probably brought on by the interaction between its caffeine content, and catechin polyphenols). Thermogenesis is the process of the body burning fuel (fat) without making chemical energy (the calories are released as heat)."

Scientific diarrhea. Point made though, there's just so much great stuff in a little cup of green that not drinking it will make my life suck. If only it didn't taste like liquid hay. It makes me a lot more active in all the wrong ways too, or to paraphrase Robin Williams as the immortal Mrs. Doubtfire after s/he downed a few too many scotches: "I had to piss like a racehorse."

Alrighty then. Black tea every morning to wake up, green tea every night to purify, cleanse, and not panic because there's always a bathroom nearby. Ohm. I feel better already.

No comments: