Monday, April 02, 2007

you Thinking Bloggers, you

And now for something completely different: A man with a tape recorder up his brother’s nose.

Happy vibes and fortunes to whoever can guess what the above line is from. And on another note, I wonder how hard it would be to get a tape recorder up your brother’s nose? What on earth could he have done to piss you off that much?

I don’t have a brother so he can’t peeve me to that extent, and don’t worry Oli, you never pissed me off that much. Although a few times I seriously contemplated putting your hands in a bowl of warm water while you were sleeping. Damn you for being such a light sleeper.

This post is something completely different because it’s not a post per se, but an awards ceremony.

What, you ask, brought this on? A comment on my blog last week that gave me the shock of my life:

I wanted to let you know that I just nominated you for the "thinking blog" award. It is on my post for today and I am too inept to put the link in a comment. You totally deserve it. Posts like this one don't let people forget.

This was given to me by the most charming author of the blog entitled, “Almost Interesting Musings on Life” and most totally astounded me to no end. After a few minutes of mindless staring, reading that comment a few thousand times, I clicked onto Musings and saw this little tidbit about me.

Memoirs of a Fat Girl- Although her humor isn’t as obvious as the others, MFG (as I like to call her even though it reminds me of Girbaud jeans) has a very honest look on the world and I think balances the tragedy and comedy of daily life very well. She is straight-forward and her posts come straight from the heart. Although she has been a little more serious than funny lately, she always makes me smile. She has a big heart and isn’t afraid to share it. She is probably the biggest technical "thinker" of my bunch.

Natalie, just so you know… I cried. Yeah I know, I’m a sensitive shit. Thank you so much.

So, I’ve had the honour to bestow upon my humble pages that cute l’il award and I have to say that looking at it everyday gives me those warm, fuzzy peach feelings inside.

And now, I’m supposed to pass this award on to five others who I feel are "Thinking Bloggers." Drumroll, please.

(By the way, my efforts at linking totally nosedived, though I finally managed to get the pictures up. A techie I am not, so everything is just highlighted in bold)

My first pick is Active Corner, written by my Aussie friend b. She was one of my first overseas readers, and her blog is one of many parts: worldly musings, doctoral dissertation, psychological relationship dissection, and life as a girl. Her posts are deep and full of thought; heck, I even borrowed one of her entries for my August 10th, 2006 post. She’s a fun one, and has a lot to say.

My second and third picks are Lance of Lance Morrison and his boyfriend of Light ‘n Flaky fame.

Lance is my quirky superhot hair stylist, and when he’s not doing hair, puppy sitting, commiserating or saving the planet, he’s writing in his blog. He’s got posts about drunkety drunk drunk Liza Minelli, braiding in the first grade, and some truly heart wrenching, personal pieces about dying. We all thank our lucky stars you pulled through both times, Lancey. Your heart’s desire to make the world a better place via volunteer work and being a good person in general never fail to strike a cord.

Light ‘n Flaky has something to say about just about everything: Halloween costumes, irritating people, pie. He doesn’t post that often but I thoroughly enjoy reading when he does; that last nostalgic post about deciding not to revisit his childhood home, even though there was an open house, really got me right there. Always well written, and a deserving read.

(by the way, if both of you don't reply to this, you totally and eternally suck)

Mood Indigo of My So Called Love Life is more deep than you’d expect, with writing bordering on Sex and the City meets Carl Jung. Her ponderings on life and love make one think about their own standings in the here and there of the everyday. I don’t know if she’ll be able to accept or even respond to this award anytime soon since she’ll be in Africa for another two months, so we’ll just have to see what happens.

Last but not least, The Coffeehouse. Queenie doesn’t write as often as I’d like, which is a shame, but her views are never apologetic, and her want for peace makes me want to run out and join a demonstration against the numerous injustices in this world. She makes me want to do more, and that alone is enough for any reward.

Now, for all recipients of this, I’ve lifted the instructions off Natalie’s blog as to what happens from here on in:

To those I have chosen: Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think, Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' (see sidebar if I can get it to work) with a link to the post that you wrote

Go on, get to it! And know that if you even have a link to the left of this writing at all, you’re a reward in my books. Hugs and Kisses.

PS: I’ve added a number of delicious new links to my blogroll, don’t forget to check them out!

10 comments:

g string addict said...

What an honour! *hugs*

FATSO said...

Yes..the tape recorder up his nose...and then up his brother's nose..then in Stereo. Monty Python, 1970. I know every pything sketch by heart- or I did when I was a teenager. Yes, you are correct: I am a loser.

I did NOT win a thinking blogger award and I am quite upset about it (not really). I was thinking of awarding a non-thinking blogger award. Or a drinking blogger award....wait, I have more!

Foofa said...

I will have to check out your picks. I like this award because it introduces people to fun blogs. Glad I could make you a little teary eyed. Not that I want you to cry but because I'm glad it meant something to you.

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool. The only time my blog got any attention was back in the days of the pissed-off drunken rants.

Airam said...

Congratulations! You definitely deserve it!

:)

Robert Mitchell L.L. said...

I am very pleased with the review and mention...I don't suck either as I have responded as ordered!!! I need to blog more but there is too much going on...and I have writers block...Thanks again...L&F

With Love, Fat Girl said...

B, totally deserved!

Fatso, thanks for coming by, reading and commenting. You're not a nerd for liking Monty Python, I love the stuff... unless of course that makes me a nerd too.

Natalie, it is a great idea, thanks for introducing me to it, and the award :)

DJW.... yeah.

Airam, thanks!

And Robert, also totally deserved. No, you do not suck, although your lover has his moments! (ducking at the flying pie coming at me..._

Anonymous said...

You totally deserve it, your posts always give me new perspectives on life, and get me to reflect on my own.
As for the award, it means a lot :D.
Here's another *hug*

Lance Morrison said...

Thanks a bunch baby. It always feel's nice to be appreciated and loved. You can vouche for that becasue you are always, truly appreciated and loved.
Sidebar: Please note that even when I am not commenting, I am reading. I just didn't have any comments to make on eating disorders, and anything I want to say about it, I will tell you in person.
Thanks again for the award. I will be cutting it out of my computer screen and putting it on my manlte right now!
-Lancey

Mood Indigo said...

Awe! You are so awesome! And Natalie is so awesome! And my whole blog community that I am more or less cut off from thanks to dial-up internet and very minimal access hours is awesome! It's taken 5 minutes to leave this comment but when I'm back in the states I'll have my own thinking blogger award ceremony - perhaps for my return post. In the meantime - thanks so much!!!!