Monday, April 30, 2007

I have a lot of work to do. If I’m going to be skating 20k in a mere few weeks, I have to eat right, exercise more, go back to the gym and skate every day.

Except when it’s raining. Slippery roads don’t mesh with wheels and besides, water makes the bearings rust. Not a good story. But it’s safe to say that if I don’t take the eating right, exercising and skating in dry weather part seriously, I’ll be wheezing within the first three kilometers.

While a big part of me is still all chattering teeth and shaky knees at the huge task before me, the other part is relieved for this change, this much anticipated genesis of all good things to come. I know once I get into the habit, I’ll be okay.

But there is something else I have to do first. Before I take on this biggie, this genesis of all good things to come, there is a part of me I wish to leave behind. There is something that needs to be settled; old ghosts must be laid to rest.

It’s a gorgeous day today, pearl white clouds against a crisp blue sky. The green grasses of spring are here, and the trees are starting to bud. It is the newest, clearest part of the year, that first turn in the cycle of seasons and the prelude to summer.

It’s a beautiful day for a funeral.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Awww...shucks, thanks. Mom got a new puppy so I haven't had much time to write on my blog. Thought I would just start posting random things....I go to the museum sometimes and draw. They just got this one Peruvian exhibit! Yes the days are getting more beautiful.

B said...

The last line -???

I think it great that you are setting this goal for yourself. I agree with you from what little I know of you if any at all- you have ghosts to leave behind

I wish I could sit you down and chat you up. This post made me sad in the end. you seem so sad.

I wish you happiness girl!

Airam said...

You're going to do so great! You're stepping off on the right foot which is the most important thing .. just keep telling yourself what you wrote down here.

And .... beautiful day for a funeral? I hope everything is ok ...

g string addict said...

a funeral of old ghosts and thus a new beginning?

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

You sure you don't want to do a funeral torture chamber style??? O.K. Fine. Whatever you need to do - you do .... then we'll pull out the torture devices. (I'm kidding, you do know that, right.)

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Anya, your mom got a puppy?? What kind?? I love puppies, they're so cuddly and cute and adorable and everything amazing! I've seen the ads for the Peruvian exhibit and would love to go one day soon. Excellent drawing work, to this day I can't even draw hands!

B, on the contrary, I'm very happy :) And in a few days I'll be even happier - thanks always for your concern, your reading, your comments, your everything!

Airam, you're in the same line of thanks. You're always cheering me on and I love that, thanks for always being there! (by the way, if you're in the WB and I'm hanging out there all the time, maybe we should hook up at some point this summer?)

Oli, that fucker will torture himself far better than I ever could. Far better :)

Airam said...

Sounds good to me! I'll be seeing you this summer :)

Anonymous said...

It's a mix of some kind of spanial...she's probably part cow or gazelle with those eyes...she's very shy but adorable and she likes to sleep on your lap.