Thursday, June 07, 2007

Welcome to my L-A-Z-Y week, as in, there won't be much writing at all.

Actually I'm kind of lying, it's not so much a L-A-Z-Y week as much as it's a O-H M-Y L-O-R-D T-H-E-R-E I-S S-O M-U-C-H T-O D-O I'-M G-O-I-N-G T-O E-X-P-L-O-D-E A-N-Y F-R-A-C-K-I-N-G M-I-N-U-T-E.

Work, more work, and a garage sale. Is that ay excuse? Nooo... but I really don't want to give you half ass writing, so I'll have to bow down for a couple more days. Here's a preview of the next men and the boys, though:

"Of course, sometimes we do hit the rocks. The weather has nothing to do with it, either. I was saving this for another time, but lately it’s been pestering me. Maybe it just wants to be told, this story of the first boy who ever gave me his heart freely, and how I threw it away.

I met Asad in the summer of ’92, a few days after my 17th birthday, and a couple of weeks after the prom. I was a girl in love, and a girl hurting from the love she could not have. Sandy had his girlfriend, so I’d decided to back off. I didn’t like my decision, but thought it best.

I was also a girl in summer school. Being trapped in a junior art class wasn’t my ideal choice for a perfect weather July, but I still needed that credit and thought, no time like the present. I enrolled at a Catholic school a half-hour from home, a school where the students wore uniforms by day, but were blissfully free to do as they liked in summer time.

Asad started the class three days late, walking in one morning when the seating arrangement had already been decided, and everyone had formed their cliques. I still remember the minute I first saw him. We’d all just gotten our textbooks and I was wrapping mine, when the door opened and there he was."

I'll put up something fun for tomorrow, too. Ciao until Monday, loves :)

4 comments:

Foofa said...

Good luck on your mounds of things to do. What a great beginning to a story!

Airam said...

You are so entitled to a lazy week! Relax and enjoy!

The Girl Who Loves to Knit said...

Thanks for adding me to your roster of blogs!!!

We need to rebook that which was once cancelled for important reasons!

With Love, Fat Girl said...

THANK YOU!!!

And Natalie, thanks for the compliment on the story beginning.

Airam, what's your secret email so we can do the facebook thing?

And Knitting.... I'm on a lapse today. What did that last part mean?!