Thursday, June 28, 2007

Happy Belated Birthday to Me!



Mrs. Loquacious of Loquacious Musings saw fit to present me with this honour yesterday, which had me tremendously touched (and somewhat tear-streaked). A couple of days into 32 and I'm a Rockin' Girl!

I'm supposed to respond in kind, awarding this to five other Rockin' Girls. As hard as that was to do, not to mention going around those to whom it was already awarded, here are my picks (in alphabetical order):

1) Diary of a Diapering Madwoman is new to my world, but she rocks because she's hilarious, honest, a gritty writer and, new though she is, she comments here a lot. Any writer worth their salt knows how important feedback is, and I hope to do her justice in the way she's done me.

2) Once Upon a Day has had me in stitches for ages, be it about her day-to-day or snappy meme responses, authored by this fabulous chick who was truly born to rock. Seeing as we only live a stone's throw away from each other, I really hope to meet her one day soon, and that she never stops writing here.

3) The Cats Demand Answers is the sauciest of my group, a journal with a humourously raw approach to life, speckled with a sarcasm that only the truly sarcastic can totally appreciate. If I could pass some cupcakes through the bandwidth here, I surely would.

4) The Misadventures of (Mommy) Laural is the only one of my bunch where I personally know the author, a brainy sweetheart of a cool girl who makes great parenting look like a snap. As long as no one else from our classes reads this, we can always say we were the best thing that school coughed up!

5) The Torments of a Single Girl has been on my roll for the longest time, written by the sassiest of fabulous girls who never fails to make me laugh. She hilariously captures singledom for trench warfare that it is, and has great taste in gourmet snacks. I really hope our future martini date stands for that fateful someday.

Now, pass this on to five others, and live up to your titles with grace, style, charm and neverending wit. Rock on!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Although I'm a new reader, it sounds like you deserve this award completely! Can't wait to read more of you and I agree, "Once Upon a DAy" is fantastic! Now I need to check out the others...

AndreAnna said...

Yay, you totally rock and you totally deserve it! I'm so excited I made your list. It's the first time anyone, sniff, mentioned me, sniff, in their blogm sniff. I'm very honored!!

I also love Laural (how I found you in the first place) and now have three other blogs to check out!

Thanks again (and thanks for being so supportive)!

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Thanks Brandy! And the rest of what I had to say to you is in your blog... :)

Andreanna, thank you, and so do you!

megabrooke said...

airam is fabulous! i look forward to reading more of you!

Anonymous said...

Hey FG,
Hey happy belated b-day. Sorry i've been out of touch for a while. You know the story of my life with Mrs. Drama. Hope all is well and it sounds like you had a good bday, too bad I wasn't there to help celebrate. Take care.

Airam said...

Why thank you!! I'm so honoured!!

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Brookem, thanks for coming by, reading and commenting! I LOVE having new readers, they always make my day. I'll be checking out your stuff very soon as well!

Mike, it's always cool, but I really think you should cancel your season tickets to the theatre, if you get my drift!! One day we'll celebrate together, and you can finally teach me how to surf!

Airam sweetie, rock on!

Laural Dawn said...

I am so flattered. I've never won any sort of award before. This is the coolest.
And, why yes, of course we rocked j-school.
Ironically, you are the only blogger I knew before I started bloggin. And, ummm ... we still need to meet up.
Sorry I haven't been commenting. Things have been crazy, I've had technical issues, etc.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much sweet heart.

Have I ever told you how much I love puns? I do. I love them more than my own mother. I think usage of them should be mandatory.

God I could really go for a good cupcake right now, too.

The Tormented Girl said...

I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! But I'll accept it anyway ;) Have I mentioned lately that you're the bestestestest? Thank you so much. Can't tell you how much I appreciate it and how much it made my day.