Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Many, many thanks for all birthday wishes! And now, as promised, the Wednesday meme. Tomorrow we get back on track with fresh posts, starting with the bday fodder.

I lifted this from Emma even though she didn't tag me for it... it's just that she's always got the best memes.

The rules are simple. There are 9 questions (3², each of which has 3 answers, to give a total of 27, or 3³. The whole point is that the questions are somewhere between eclectic, banal and downright bizarre, so that you can answer completely truthfully without actually giving much away. Just put down the first three answers that come to mind if you can’t work out the “most appropriate” three.

Objects Within One Metre Of You

1. My corkboard, couldn't live without it
2. A pair of silver earrings that are shaped like four-leaf clovers
3. A jar of marbles. I just like having them around.


First Names of People You Sat Next To At School

1. Michael in kindergarten. He was the first kid in the class to learn how to print his name, tie his shoelaces, and colour in all his squares without going over any lines. Being the class troublemaker, I was the last to do all of that.
2. Gilbert in grade four. He was in remedial, three years older than any of us, and a metre taller, too. He was a huge bully and smelled like stale pasta. The teacher put him next to me hoping I'd positively affect his GPA.
3. Angie, grade seven. We were the tallest girls in the school and had the back of the classroom to ourselves. When she read anything, she would trace the lines in the book with her finger and mouth all the words out. It drove me bonkers.

Programmes You Won’t Watch

1. Grey's Anatomy. I refuse to fall victim to this show!
2. Anything on the Country Network
3. Pro fishing competitions

Favourite Trivial Pursuit Categories

(Admittedly it's been so long since I've played that I'm just using Emma's answers - they all sound good to me)
1. Geography
2. History
3. Arts and Literature

Superpowers You’d Like To Have

1. Flying, baby!
2. The power of healing. Does that count as super?
3. The power to control the weather strikes me as being pretty useful.

Newspapers, Magazines or Periodicals Read Regularly

1. The National Post
2. Vanity Fair
3. The Donna Hay quarterly magazines. Oh how I love those.

Songs You Dislike

1. Hello, by Lionel Richie. It makes me want to poke my own eyes out so I'm just as blind as the girl in the video.
2. All I wanna do is zoom a zoom zoom zoom and a boom boom
3. The Sweet Escape. Gwen, why?? The song itself isn't that terrible, but that Woohoo, Wee-oo! is AWFUL!

Blog Posts of Your Own That You’d Recommend

Uh, no. If you can remember any, you tell me :)

As for tagging, I'm going to follow Natalie's bit... you, you, you, you, and you!

5 comments:

AndreAnna said...

For some bizarre reason that makes me want to ram my head through three sheets of drywall, I can't get that effing wee-ooo out of my head today! Damn you, damn you, damn you! ;)

Foofa said...

I've never heard the wee-ooo but it sounds bad. I kind of like "Hello" though.

Mood Indigo said...

Happy Birthday (belated)! Here's to a fantastic year - I *know* it's going to be a good one!

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't you rather rip your ears off, or maybe fill them up with a few of those marbles so you could stop hearing the song rather than poke your eyes out? I'd venture to say that poking your eyes out is just going to piss you off even more without doing anything to resolve the situation.

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Andreanna, sorry!! I usually find the best solution to get one stupid song out of your head is to replace it with another. The hair of the dog, my friend.

Natalie, I'm the only person I know that hates the Hello song. That said, it just can't be helped. Maybe it isn't the song I hate, but Lionel Richie's hair in the video.

Mood, thank you, and I agree! :)

Saucy, yes. The poking was a metaphor, although that song does make me want to poke something *really badly*.