Monday, June 25, 2007

I've been stuck lately. It's not a pretty thing to have to tell you but I'm sure you've noticed, being with my lack of posting, flippant use of memes, etc.

It's not an easy thing to admit but a good break to have, since I can feel the words starting to buzz around in my head again. While this justifiably labels me insane, it also means that soon, very soon, you shall have fresh reading.

Today you have a meme, because I was tagged for one. Tomorrow you get a post, Wednesday you get another meme while I collect my collective thoughts, and from Thursday on out it's new stuff. Sound good?

(But just so you know, memes are great for when you feel you've exhausted yourself. And, so much fun to do!)

INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

A Blog of a Good Time
Classy & Fancy
[Cherry] Ride/5of9er
Airam
Memoirs of a Fat Girl


Select five people to tag: (and I've chosen to keep Airam's following message)*If I've tagged you and you HATE these then please accept my sincerest apologies and a kiss on both ass cheeks.

Emma, because I know you love these
Common Girl, because you don't post so often anymore and these are fun to do
Laural, because you're a sweetie
Temporarily Me, because you're witty as heck, and
Natalie, because you're an interesting person all around. It stands for some good reading, I'm sure.

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Finishing up my undergrad degree, applying to all kinds of journalism schools, and perfecting my plan for world domination.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

Exactly what I'm doing right now, perhaps, as in writing this blog. I'd gotten back from the Middle East a few months prior, and was debating my relationship from hell.

Five snacks you enjoy:

1. Yogurt
2. Muesli
3. Lemon Gelato
4. Sesame Snaps
5. Summer fruits (thanks for that inspiration, Airam)

Five songs that you know all the lyrics to:

1. Laid, James
2. I bet you look good on the Dance Floor, the Arctic Monkeys
3. Sloop John B, the Beach Boys
4. Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Green Day
5. Ticket to Ride, the Beatles

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

My answers here reflect Airam's quite a bit.

1. Erase all debt for me and my family.
2. Buy myself a house in the village. If you live in this city, you know exactly where the village is.
3. Invest heavily so none of us will ever have to worry about money again.
4. Travel and pick up some international real estate along the way.
5. Start scholarship funds at my alma mater, give to the hospital where I had surgery as a kid, and donate to several charities in general.

Five bad habits:

1. I'm a nail biter
2. Serious road rage
3. Procrastinating
4. Not checking my cell messages for days at a time
5. Grocery shopping when I'm hungry. Bad, bad thing to do.

Five things you like doing:

1. Traveling, when cash flow permits
2. The cafe scene
3. Driving with the music blaring
4. Photography, and
5. Being with my one and only

Five things you would never wear again:

1. Black shoes and white socks. Yes, I fell into that trap too....
2. Shoulder pads
3. Peacock blue eyeliner
4. Polka dots on stripes
5. A banana clip. What was I thinking?!

Five favorite toys:

1. Does my dog count? He's cuter than a toy...
2. Ipod
3. Laptop
4. The PS3 at my sister's house
5. My car, because it's a beautiful piece of ass. Thank you Airam for that witty remark, and for letting me borrow it!

6 comments:

AndreAnna said...

I have serious road rage too! I always joke that I worry my daughter's first full sentence will be "Get out of the left lane, you cocksucker motherbitch."

What are sesame snaps? They sound yummy.

With Love, Fat Girl said...

I suppose it wouldn't help if I told you that MY mother had serious road rage and some of my first sentences were on the same lines??

You can get sesame snaps at any convenience store, they come in tiny little packs of four, and look like superflat crackers and... I'll never be able to explain them properly, so here's a link!

http://www.sesamesnaps.ca/sesame.html

AndreAnna said...

Oooh, those look yummy - I may have to try them!!

Airam said...

I feel honoured that you incorporated some of my answers!

Anonymous said...

And speaking of PS3 ... you can come over anytime to play it ... Corey would LOVE some company. (I swear I'm dyslexic when it comes to those damn games. Not to mention I get bored VERY quickly!) And why PLAY "need for speed" when you can simply hop in your own REAL car AND SPEED!!! :)

Mood Indigo said...

SUCH a good call on the shoulder pads. They make me GAG.