Thursday, December 28, 2006

100% Real Juice: Baci

We have the Calorie Chronicles, The Men and the Boys, and now, inspired by the summer encounter with Miss Universe, 100% Real Juice. Important little life lessons that I pick up along the way, since these days they always seem to be flying in my face.

Bacio, translated from Italian, means “Kiss.” Taken one step further, Baci chocolate, made by Perugina, are chocolate hazelnut confections wrapped in silver foil dotted with blue stars. Open it up for the delectable experience, and the little love note tucked inside.

Amore.

The seasonal slaughter of fats and sugar, a.k.a. Christmas, just wouldn’t be the same without some Baci, and so I picked up a generous helping for friends and family alike. I had one tonight, biting the chocolate in half before reading this wisdom:

There is only one passion, the passion for happiness.

That could be pondered in a hundred, thousand, million different ways. It could be debated even more, especially by those full-of-poo folk who argue that happiness isn’t necessary, and of course they’re not on the prowl for it.

Sure. If that was the case, why should a billionaire be miserable? Or why would a famous actress kill herself? Because unhappiness is a powerful thing, naturally.

I want love in my life, a new career, a healthier me. Why?

Because that will make me happy. Or at least, I think it will make me happy. The progression of said elements to this point, needless to say, has brought me more satisfaction than I’ve had in a long time, and you can quote me on that.

We all want to be happy, and are tireless in our pursuit of it.

The defense rests. Grazie, Baci.

4 comments:

Airam said...

Like anything in life, these very things that have made you satisfied, happy and fulfilled can be taken away from you much quicker than the time taken to earn them.

Then what? Where does the happiness go?

Sorry to be playing devils advocate ...

Foofa said...

Happy New Year! I htink with happiness that even though you get what you think will make you happy then there is some new happiness you need. That should be everyones passion. Well said Baci.

Anonymous said...

Then what? That's the best part, we never know what is around the corner. I wish you the best in your pursuit of happiness. Feliz ano nuevo!!
Baci, Baci
CG

Anonymous said...

did you go on vacation or something?