Wednesday, December 13, 2006

1942, the Silver Screen:

As he pours the water into a glass, Renault sees the Vichy label and quickly drops the bottle into a trash basket, which he then kicks over.

He walks over and stands beside Rick. They both watch the plane take off, maintaining their gaze until it disappears into the clouds.

Rick and Louis walk slowly away from the hangar toward the runway.


RENAULT: It might be a good idea for you to disappear from Casablanca for a while. There’s a Free French garrison over at Brazzaville. I could be induced to arrange a passage.

RICK: My letter of transit? I could use a trip. But it doesn’t make any difference about our bet. You still owe me ten thousand francs.

RENAULT: And that ten thousand francs should pay our expenses.

RICK: Our expenses?

RENAULT: Uh huh.

RICK: Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

The two walk off together into the night.

THE END

2006, My Life:

Sandy and I are in our pj’s and on the couch at his place, doing what we have been longing to do for weeks now: nothing at all. Something is on the television, won ton soup is on the table, and we’re slouched back, head to head, very relaxed.

HE: Hey Cheech?

ME: Yeah Ace?

HE: I think you and I are going to be together a long, long time.

ME: Really?

HE: Uh huh.

Kiss kiss.

ME: See, every now and then Bogey *does* get the girl.

HE: What?

ME: Never mind.

THE BEGINNING

Someone actually wants me to be part of an Us. A sweet, kind, wonderful someone.

I have begun to count my blessings every day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been trying to post for the longest time but it wont go thru...bummer. I just wanted to say "good for you!!", it's nice to read about your happiness!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to include my name in the above post..
Love,
common girl.

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Hey common girl, long time no see/read, but as always, brilliant to have you here.

Hope all is well on your end and you're feeling better, too!

Anonymous said...

Blogger won't let me post comments either... stupid them. I'm even having trouble posting as 'Anonymous'. Grrrr.
Good for you indeed. And (this is for above post) Isn't flat champagne also known as 'White Wine'?
-Lancey