Thursday, October 19, 2006

Unterwegs

Since the wedding, I have been living out of suitcases, tote bags, gym bags. I have been going back and forth from my parents house, to Oli’s townhouse, to my loft, and the odd sleepover at Sandy’s.

Last weekend, I was looking for something to pack in my overnighter when mumsy looked at me and said, “Oonterveggs.”

Moms lived and worked in Germany before she was married, and still knows the language well. She swears at me in Deutsch to this day, but I’d never heard that word before. “Say what?”

Unterwegs. You’re always rushing, always going somewhere.”

These days, too true.

I looked up unterwegs online when I got home that night, and its literal translation is, “on the way.”

Even more true, these current days especially. I’m on the way, and I’m not alone. This Saturday, Sandy and I are going to California.

2 comments:

g string addict said...

Have fun in California!

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Thanks!!! I'm so looking forward to it!!!