Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Try though I might, I could not find the script for the movie In Her Shoes, which I just had the pleasure of watching over the weekend.

The bit I wanted to include was where Simon is telling Rose that the law, the Sixers and good food drive him. Drive him in that, those are the things that keep him going. Everyone needs something to drive them, he says, or some things.

That bit made me think quite a bit. What drives us? More importantly, what drives me?

It took me the rest of the weekend to come up with this:

My family (too obvious?)
My dog (very obvious)
Writing &
The written word (would you ever have guessed?)
Pictures
Travel
Good food (borrowing that from Simon)
Good wine (that’s all me)
Good music (so’s that)
Good friends (that too)
Road trips (soon)
World Cup
Spiffing up my own home
Love

Needless to say, I’m much more complex than Simon. Or I’m a lot more simple. Either way, these are my life force.

What drives you?

5 comments:

Lance Morrison said...

So... the law doesn't drive you? Does that mean that you totally always express free will with no thought to the law? Jeez... I'm glad I'm on your good side.
What drives me?...
- Goals.
- Change.
- Evolution of the self.
- Acceptance.
What moves me?...
- Music.
- Human emotion.
- Children.
- Mothers.

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Common girl, thanks for the books tip - is the In her Shoes book that much better than the movie?

Great drives too, we'll have to get together for dinner some day. With sushi and hummus.

Lancey.... oh Lance. Tomorrow we shall have a chat :)

Lance Morrison said...

Yeah... about that... I completely forgot until I talked to Oli this evening. Good thing she reminded me. Tee hee.

g string addict said...

Let me think about this...

Mood Indigo said...

Hmm...good question

My family
travel
dear friends
creativity
taking a step toward the unknown
trusting myself
finding opportunity
day dreams
getting something done
growth
peace