Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Let's take a little break from the conventional, shall we?

1. One book that changed your life - hardest question first.

But it was the easiest one to answer. The Little Prince is full of life lessons that we should all keep. To this day, the tone of that book is almost like an urging haunt. Not to sound cliché by using the word “haunt,” but if you’ve ever gone through it you know exactly what I mean.

2. One book you’ve read more than once.

When I was a kid, the Ramona Quimby series. I still read them to this day for a pick-me-up.

3. One book that you’d want on a desert island.

Just one?! Okay, I’ll partially cheat. The collected works of Shakespeare. All the blood, murder, sex and lust I’ll ever need to keep me occupied with all that sand.

4. One book that made you laugh.

Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress. I swear, that book is all about me.

5. One book that made you cry.

Charlotte’s Web, when I was nine. I read that thing to rags.

6. One book that you wish you had written.


I’m putting two in here: The Neverending Story and Balkan Ghosts. DO NOT judge The Neverending Story by the 80’s movie and that horrific flying dog; it’s actually a gorgeous book about one’s journey through life. And Balkan Ghosts for the unbelievable history I learned about the lands of my roots.

7. One book you wish had never been written.

The future book that I just know George W. Bush will write about his glorified days as president. Scum.

8. One book you are reading at the moment.

The Prestige. The movie trailer gave me chills. So did Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman.

9. One book that you’ve been meaning to read.

Claudius the God. I've been halfway through it for a year now, but Lord, his British campaigns are boring!

10. Tag five others that you’d like to do this meme.

Lance, Common Girl, Tormented Girl, b, and Mood Indigo - not to mention anyone else who'd like to jump on the wagon - you’re up!

6 comments:

The Tormented Girl said...

heheh you know as I was reading that I'm thinking 'wonder if she'd get the shits if I stole that post idea' and hey presto I'm tagged. YAY! Thanks!

Mood Indigo said...

I was already tagged by Jaclyn and I tagged b so hers is up too :) http://myso-calledlovelife.blogspot.com/2006/09/my-first-meme.html

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Tormented, answer the questions and be tormented no longer!

Mood, sorry :D Jaclyn, anytime! It's books after all, right?

g string addict said...

FG - we have tagged each other...

hahahah

Lance Morrison said...

Me too.

The Tormented Girl said...

Me three