Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Starbucks Cup, The Way I See It #170

There are many times when dancing is the most unsupportable, ridiculous, unexpected and necessary action. Life should be spent finding those moments and tap dancing through them.

Christopher Hermelin
Starbucks Customer


I don’t tap dance. I do club floor, semi-salsa, the waltz, the chicken dance, sometimes a belly dance, and I can even cha-cha. But I won’t tap dance. Nothing against Sammy Davis Jr., but I know my limitations.

I like the above quote, because I think that dancing during those moments in life are all that is necessary to keep us happy, well adjusted, and sane.

But then a lot of times, dancing through moments doesn’t mean you literally have to dance, you know. For instance, take this conversation Sandy and I had a couple of weeks ago:

Me: Hey Ace?

Him: Yeah Cheech?

Me: I get a week off at the end of October.

Him: That’s great, Cheech. Wanna do something?

Me: You read my mind! Shall we get on a plane?

Him: Sounds great, Cheech!

The end of October is almost upon us. In a few days, Sandy and I are going on a trip.

4 comments:

Hope said...

omg - a TRIP...how fun!!!!! My BFF and I were talking about that yesterday...but in our plan, we don't come back. : )
Miss you, and miss reading you...had time to catch up today...staying at EX's house to take care of sick kid and have internet access...so rock on sister...and yes, you should always dance. It is good.

Lance Morrison said...

So... this means I have to find another partner to take Tap with me?

Mood Indigo said...

how fun - looking forward to hearing more about it.

An update on my upcoming trip is up on my page...

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Hope, fabulous to see you again!I know what you mean, things have been crazy on this end too, but after next week's trip I should be a little more on track again. Nice seeing you!

Lance... I'll take tap with you for an extra six months of hair, and a promise that when we're done tapping, we tango.