Thursday, March 08, 2007

Day 2: The first morning...

...that I wake up in a new place, it always takes me a few seconds to realize where I am. The first morning I wake up into a trip, it takes a few more seconds for the full excitement to slap me upside the head.

My eyes pop open at 7:30am, just a bit early for a vacation wake-up, and when it hits me that I’m in Vegas, Vegas!, it’s all I can do to keep from jumping out of bed. Sandy is sleeping peacefully beside me, and while I would normally never bother him, my enthusiasm got the better of me. I nudged him gently and whispered, “Are you still asleep?”

Poor guy. Of course he was still asleep. He answered, eyes still closed, with an obliging, “Mmm…”

Getting that partially awake reaction got me even more excited and I started bouncing up and down in the bed. “Good morning Ace! We’re in Vegas! Isn’t that fantastic!”

“Mm hmm…”

“There’s so much to see and do, don’t you just want to experience it all?

“Mmm…”

"As in right this very minute, right now?"

“Mmm…”

“Aren’t you just so wound up?”

“Mm hmm…”

He’s so cute when he’s sleeping, or at least trying to sleep, and the guilt kicks in. It finally dawns on me that maybe he just wants to stay in bed, after all, it's his vacation too. “Never mind Ace, I’ll shut up now so you can rest.”

Fat chance. My energetic tirade had woken him up by that point, so it’s off to the strip we go.

6 comments:

saucygrrl said...

LOL! I have that same routine with Sean.

Anonymous said...

Yay ... it's off to the Strip we go!!! So jealouw - I absolutely LOVE Vegas! (sigh) I would have been getting a spot by the pool at that time (if it was warm enough).

Anonymous said...

That should have been "jealous" - typo slip with the fingers - oops.

Foofa said...

I am big on sleeping in while on vacation, I may have hit you.

Airam said...

Tee hee ... you're bad! So glad you're back and had a great time!

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Saucy, we are two peas in a pod. Being excitable is fun. Sorry natalie, it jus can't be helped.

Oli, you're nuts. The weather was cold and shitty, and I know what jealouw is!!!

So Mike, going into gentleman's clubs, huh? I'll bet it's a gay club...

Airam.... uh huh :) And thanks!