Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I am driving Joey, and at a four-way stop with my sister. We are turning left off a one-way street, onto another one-way that leads to a highway ramp. To my right is a car, to my left is another car, and ahead of me is a cable service truck.

Oli likes how I drive, but being the (extremely bossy) lovechild of Mario Andretti and Michael Schumacher, she also likes to direct. Never argue with Oli if it’s driving related, or she’ll run you down. “Dude to your left came first, so you have to wait.”

Duh. “Yeah, I figured. But what about that guy to the right?”

“What about him?”

“We both got here at the same time.”

“So what, just go.”

“But…”

“JUST GO.”

Holy forceful. I take my turn, but still have to ask, “Why did I get to go first?

“Because you did.”

“But…”

“You go first because you’re the girl, and fuck it.”

Well, then. Who am I to argue with sound advice?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listen, if I say you go first, you go first. No questions asked. That's just the way it is because I said so. Glad you're learning quickly sis. :) Besides, who has ever argued with me while we've been driving? My point exactly.

With Love, Fat Girl said...

No one argues with you when you drive because they're scared shitless of you, that's why. We do not wish to sleep with the fishes (with tire marks across our faces).

Mood Indigo said...

At the risk of having Oli hate this commentor forever...the rule in the states is whoever is to the right gets to go first. I've always wondered how this works if literally all four cars at a four-way stop arrive at the same time. I think it's something like in the opening scene of L.A. Story (worth a rent if you haven't seen it, or haven't seen it in awhile).

O.k., last time I beg...is a pic of Joey out of the question?

g string addict said...

some driving instructor you have there! *hugs*

are we going to see Joey anytime soon?

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Funny you should mention....

I swear this was going up tomorrow, with a post. I don't have time to finish that just yet, but then why deny the picture?

Picture now, story later. Kisses!