Thursday, August 31, 2006

Needless to say, my mother was very happy that Sandy was back in my life. She had that twinkle in her eye and an, "I told you so" look.

Oli, to my shock but never amazement, bought me a low rise, lacy thong. "For your date," she said.

"Oli, what the hell are these?"

Smirk. "What do they look like?"

"Dude, there is no date. We're just friends."

"Uh huh."

"I'm serious!

"Uh huh."

"We haven't even seen each other yet."

"But you will."

"And what, jump into the sack right away?"

"Just wear it, okay? You'll feel hot. When you feel hot, you are hot, no matter who does or doesn't see them."

Girl had a point. Not that I'll ever admit it to her.

As for Georgia, she had her own opinion of the whole thing: "Oh my God! This is so cool! What if you get back together and then get married What if this is the one! I'm so excited!"

"SLOW DOWN. WE JUST TALKED."

Giggle, shriek, squeal. "But this is totally wicked! I am like SO happy for you!"

As happy as I was to be talking to Sandy again, I was less than thrilled for the presence of my new fan club. I can honestly say I've never had so many people cheering me on to have sex.

Actually, no one has ever cheered me on to have sex. Moving along, then.

Oli's bridal shower was the Saturday after we started talking and even though he kept asking to see me, I figured it was better to wait til the end of the week after. Everything was free and clear, then. Georgia wanted to see him too, and so I put together some reservations at a Thai restaurant for the three of us and Georgia's husband. We could spend an evening catching up on old times.

"You're going to make me wait until next Friday?" he said a few times, and I answered back yes. But he and I could meet up a half hour before dinner and see each other first.

Not that it played out like that. Life has a funny way of changing things around, don't you think?

2 comments:

Lance Morrison said...

Um.... I like Thai food. Scratch that, I LOVE Thai food. Why was I not invited?

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Because I didn't want to overwhelm the hell out of him with ALL my friends when I hadn't myself seen him in over a dozen years, that's why!