Wednesday, January 25, 2006

So here's what's been on my paper Starbucks tea cup for the past couple of weeks:

The Way I See It #53

Be exceptional. Make tremendous efforts to be extraordinary. What a privilege to be here on the planet to contribute your unique donation to humankind. Just make sure you do so...

So here's what I think. Either the Starbucks inspiration employees really aren't that inspirational and get bored of changing the cup messages so the same one is churned out by the gajillion, or I've been consistently getting cups with this mantra because it's a sign. From above. As in fate, chance, destino.

If it is a sign, I have a greater problem. What exactly is my unique donation to humankind? And if I can't recognize my unique donation to humankind, how will I be able to donate it? What if it just passes me by when I'm not looking or even worse, what if I do recognize it but it's too late? How exactly does one make tremendous efforts to be extraordinary, anyway?

Do I ask too many questions, and will these questions lead to any and all of the above? Why are things always so STRESSFUL?!

1 comment:

Lance Morrison said...

I think you are drinking too much coffee!