Saturday, November 19, 2005

There comes a time in everyone’s life where they are so sick of something about themselves, they work hard for change.

Or, there comes a time in everyone’s life where something happens beyond their control, and change happens whether they want it to or not.

For example, my teeth. I had a filling put in a couple of days ago, nothing big, but a few hours after I got home, the damn thing cracked and sunk like a crater. The dentist could only see me this morning, so in between then and now I was on an involuntary liquid diet. Water, smoothies, occasional juice. Chewing just hurt too much, and gave me nasty visuals of mercury imbedded in my gums.

So naturally, my pants are just wee bit looser today.

For all you healthy freaks out there, I am NOT starving myself, and I am NOT condoning starving yourself. But then, this feels really nice. I’d like to keep doing it.

Not drinking smoothies all day, but making my pants looser. You get my drift.

And so, in continued support of the “new me,” I am going back to the program. Whenever I start a program - and I have many tales - I always tell myself it’s one last shot. Right now, speaking from my heart, today, I don’t want to set myself up for disappointment anymore. Besides wanting to help my body out in every way possible, I want to give myself the benefit of the doubt.

Not that it’s okay to fail. But it’s definitely okay to keep trying.

Monday it is. I’m spending the rest of the weekend working up the nerve.

Breathe.

No comments: