Thursday, November 09, 2006

Living single is a fabulous thing. You answer to no one, and make your own time for everything.

It can also be a freaky thing, wreaking havoc on the finer points in your life. This hits you at the oddest of times.

For instance, yesterday I was standing at my kitchen counter, reading a magazine and filling out Blue’s annual city registration forms. I was eating dinner: Ikea meatballs, gourmet mustard, and beer, while the music from my surround sound was blaring.

Why was I standing? I don’t have a dining table and chairs. I usually eat standing up.

Why was I eating Ikea meatballs, gourmet mustard and beer? Because that’s all I could find in the fridge.

Why was the music from my surround sound blaring? Because I don’t have a TV, and must be content with plugging my hard drive and 82 hours worth of music into my surround sound system. The system I got for the TV I don’t have.

Somewhere between reading about Sienna Miller’s personal style, a meatball halfway to my mouth and Shakira screeching, “Whenever, Wherever,” it hit me.

I’m single. Maybe not emotionally, but living wise… man, oh man So, so single.

How else could it explain such bad habits? Standing while eating? Ikea meatballs?

Then again, how else could it explain such freedom?

I turned the volume up, and sat on the counter for good measure.

Gotta love it.

8 comments:

Lance Morrison said...

At first I was going to be appauled that you sat on the counter, but then I decided to forgive that, assuming that you were wearing pants or at least a cute skirt.

Then I was going to be appauled that you were eating IKEA Meatballs. But then remembered that you had only recently moved in... and only recently returned from vacation, so I forgive. And you added a few points with gourmet mustard.

But I can not... EVER... forgive spending such fabulous single time listening to Top Forty Hits from 5 years ago.

You are nothing to me.

Mood Indigo said...

I have the most amazing roomate ever - but I am ready to have my own place. Counters be forwarned!

Anonymous said...

Yo Fat Girl,
Yes the single life is grand...eating while standing up, leaning over the sink so you don't get any crumbs on the kitchen floor. Drinking beer while music blaring...ah yes the single life...why did I ever get married?!?!? Hope you're settling into your place nicely...I still haven't gotten the invite to your new place, but i'll forgive you, we've both been busy. Cheers to you and your Ikea meatball!
Mike

Robert Mitchell L.L. said...

ahhhhhhhhhhh.....all the reasons I love my Saturday mornings...alone time is a good thing...... cheers to your singleness!!!!!

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Honey, it's APPALLED, and all this coming from a guy who knows how to Vogue!

Mike, anytime and you know it! I just recommend your California butt be here when the weather is nice and warm. Don't want any chafing, now.

Jaclyn, I'll forgive you because you're in love :)

DJW, just rotisserie your meatballs in the microwave with the Alan keys. You'll be just fine.

Robert, I know just what you mean... I don't get my parents' house to myself very often when I am here, so I cherish every minute of alone time that I get!

g string addict said...

i dont have a dining table n chairs either

long live single life! *grin*

g string addict said...

FG, tried looking for your email address but couldnt find it.

Anyway, just thought that you should register your blog with technorati at http://www.technorati.com/

coz I love your blog and so do a lot of people :)

*hugs*

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Hey b, I'll post my email address up here for the next couple of days for you: originalformulary@yahoo.com

I only use it in reference to this blog, anyway.

Looking into technorati as we speak, and thanks :)