Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Joey Ramone is one of my favourite people. Grant it I never got to know the guy and he is, well, dead, but I always felt that special connection to him in a quirky sort of way, through the poppy lyrics of his music. For instance, “I Wanna be Sedated” speaks to me in such poignant ways, that I have decided to one day make it my wedding song:

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do no where to go-o-oh
I wanna be sedated
Just get me to the airport put me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
I can't control my fingers I can't control my brain
Oh no oh oh oh oh


Hail, Joey.

Ah, Joe. Joe Strummer is also up there on my list, and even though I never got to know the guy personally because he is, well, dead, the bond between us is very real. Joe and The Clash speak to me in the most awe-inspiring manner, making me stop at times and ponder life in a very British Invasion type of way:

I went to the market to realize my soul
‘Cause what I need to just don’t have
First they curse, then they press me ‘til I hurt
We say Rudy can’t fail


Go, Joe.

Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, pivotal album by one of my all time favourite bands, The Beatles, stands out in my heart. I never got to know the Beatles and I really should hurry up with Paul and Ringo because they aren’t yet, well, dead, but even if that never happens I’ll always have their kicking tunes to sing along to:

It was twenty years ago today,
Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play
They've been going in and out of style
But they're guaranteed to raise a smile.


Rock on, boys, rock on.

The name Sgt. Pepper also happens to coincide with Pepper White, a colour so rich and creamy it evokes memories of Cinderella satin dresses, and gourmet Alfredo sauce.

Would you ever think that Pepper White was the official name of a colour? Not me. But it is, and Pepper White is the colour of my car. My first ever, brand new, shiny Mini Cooper Classic that I have christened Sgt. Joey Pepper.

Gabba Gabba Hey.

4 comments:

Mood Indigo said...

Puh-lease post a picture so we can all live vicariously through you!

Foofa said...

yeah, I want one of those.

g string addict said...

i want one too...
*hugs*

The Tormented Girl said...

I'm going to get me a big, big, big, big, big car
Then I'm gonna drive, drive, drive
I'm gonna drive so far
Up your boulevard

YEAH!!!