Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Great compliments come in many different forms.

Milosz arrived for Driving Lesson #6 parking, as he always does, right in front of the house. I walked out to meet him, and noticed something different: the sign on top of the car, blaring METROPOLITAN DRIVING SCHOOL, was gone.

After good mornings were exchanged, I asked Milosz where the sign went.

“Eet ees een trunk. You already hef your license, so we don’t need eet.”

“But it was on the car for all my other lessons.”

He shrugged a bit awkwardly. “You are goot driver. You just needed to get your confeedence bek. No more sign for you.”

I needed to get my confidence back. For many things, I think.

I said it once and I’ll say it again: great compliments come in many different forms. I got into the driver’s seat, turned the key in the ignition, and motored off.

1 comment:

Lance Morrison said...

... and promptly ran over a racoon, three children and a puppy.