Thursday, September 28, 2006

Dramatic. Bizarre. Magical.

My sister is married, and my high school flame loves me. Ain’t life grand?

Most importantly, how did this all happen? Time to backtrack, I say.

Weddings come about when two very special people fall in love, and plan for the event. Duh. That’s how Oli’s wedding happened, and you’ve all been hearing about it for months on end.

But first, over a month before the wedding took place, Sandy and I had a very special date. Just a week after seeing one another in person for the first time in years, we met up at my loft, jetted off to India, and then jumped over to Australia for the finale.

Dramatic. Bizarre. That’s us.

We didn’t actually go to India, duh again, but we did order a dinner and a half from Dhaba restaurant. Shrimp shaandar, daal, naan, pakhoras and chicken tikka. Indian food isn’t the best date food, at least not in the beginning stages of anything, and to get rid of that spicy smell you practically have to burn the house down.

But when you’re with that special someone who likes trying new things as much as you; when you’re with that special someone who feeds you bits of it all just to be cute, and considers fenugreek as heavenly a scent as you do, it’s divine.

India was heavenly. We wrapped up our visit, and went back to the Land of Aus.

You all remember what happened the last time we’d downed a bottle of Bin 555 Shiraz. I’m guessing my couch remembers it even better. Well, Sandy chose the wine this time and, knowing how much I love Aussie brew, went back to Wyndham Estate with a bottle of Bin 444.

The grapes from the Wyndham Estate BIN 444 Cabernet Sauvignon are sourced predominantly from Wyndham’s premium vineyards.

I’ll say. The stuff goes down smoother than air. The bottle was gone before you could say, “dead tipsy.”

Selected Cabernet Sauvignon parcels are matured in a selection of new and old French and American Hogsheads for 14 months prior to blending, stabilizing and filtration.

Hogsheads, hogsheads, hogsheads. Say that 10 times really fast. Do they actually age wine in a hog’s head? Meh, who cares. By then we were all over each other and maybe, just maybe, a piece of clothing or two flew off. I was caring about that a lot more.

The wine is medium to full depth, purple with vibrant crimson hues and has distinctive ripe blackcurrant and cassis fruit supported by a subtle savoury oak background on the nose.

I wasn’t thinking too much of his nose, but plenty about his lips, his eyes, his smile, his hand in mine as we pathetically made our way up the stairs, doubled over in laughter all the while, tripping and helping each other up. We eventually got to the top.

Medium to full bodied on the palate with ripe blackcurrant and Cabernet flavours combined with delicate chocolate & smoky oak.

Did Sandy taste like blackcurrant, chocolate and smoky oak? Maybe. He just tasted delicious, and I didn’t want to stop kissing him. Or maybe the flavours were just in the air, because I couldn’t get enough. And he, it seemed, was walking down the same path.

Grape and oak tannins are harmonized to provide a lingering, but soft, structured finish.

Harmonized for a lingering, soft and structured finished. Or you could just say, Magical. That’s us.

It wasn’t like anything I’d imagined it would be.

Somehow, that was the nicest part.

4 comments:

Mood Indigo said...

Oh LORD. I think you're gonna need to start writing my blog for me because it's a hella of a lot spicier over here! Can't wait till the next post!

Lance Morrison said...

Wow! You straight girls really know how to put the romance in boinking.

You're the best writer thatever was. I'm so lucky to call you a friend.

Note to other readers: I'm serious, Sandy is really cute.

g string addict said...

owwwwwwwwwwww

now i know where to tune in for a good dose of feel-goods!

*hugs* glad it is working out well :)

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Ladies! And man. You slay me. Spice is super good and let me assure you, I'm enjoying every last second of it.

Crossing my fingers...