Thursday, October 04, 2007

I was in the car with Oli, and we were making a quick trip to the store. As Oli pulled into the parking lot, we both noticed a retro silvery blue VW beetle, and that’s when she said, “Hey, isn’t that a vintage Bug?”

I saw it coming a second too late, by then Oli had already socked me in the arm with a whooping, “PUNCH BUGGY BLUE! No pun…”

Ah, the memories of our youth, when we would beat each other senseless in the back seat over beetles seen and unseen. Of course this time around, before Oli could get the “No punch backs,” out in full, I’d cuffed her right back with a, “PUNCH BUGGY SILVER NO PUNCH BACKS!”

“It’s not silver!”

“It sort of is!”

“Alright then, PUNCH BUGGY SILVER BLUE NO PUN… Ow, fucker!”

“You can’t just go and combine colours like that! And I said no punch backs!”

“I can combine whatever I want! You ignored my first no punch back!”

“Cause you didn’t get it out properly! OW! What the hell?”

“I said (punch) PUNCH (punch) BUGGY (punch) BLUE (punch) NO (punch)PUNCH (punch) BACKS!”

“What (punch) the (punch) fuck?” (Keep in mind that throughout all of this, she’s still driving)

“Okay then, (punch) PUNCH (punch) BUGGY (punch) BLUE (punch) BLUE ([punch) SILVER (punch) NO (punch) PUNCH (punch) BACKS!”

“That’s (punch) what (punch) I (punch) said! You (punch ) wanna (punch) be (punch) like (punch) that? PUNCH (punch) BUGGY (punch) PEWTER (punch) NO (punch) PUNCH (punch) BACKS!”

“Pewter? (punch) PEWTER? (punch) IT’S (punch) NOT (punch) PEWTER!”

“It (punch) sort (punch) of (punch) is!”

“Stop!” (punch)

“You stop!” (punch)

And then, in unison: “Why (punch) are (punch) you (punch) still (punch) hitting (punch) me?”

Needless to say, we went into the store both rubbing our shoulders. I forecast a near future of bruises. No one loves a sister like a sister.

5 comments:

VegasGirl said...

oh dear! The buggy game left me bruised on many a car trips back in my youth. LoL. Good times, good times =D

Lance Morrison said...

The correct response would have been, "Punch Buggy Silver. No returns, no changies." Meaning that she could not make up any new combos etc.
Of course, that would have been a much less interesting post for your blog.

Airam said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

queenie said...

Haha! My sister and I still "play" that game. It used to get especially heated when we would drive down this one road that had a buggy graveyard of some sort, yuup.

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Vegas, I'm still feeling the pain from that flippin buggy game!

Lance, we woulda punched the shit out of each other anyway. You should know us better than that :P

Airam, happy belated to you too! I actually have one more thanksgiving this saturday...

Queenie, where is that place?!