Monday, September 24, 2007

Decorator's Handbook: Project Kitchen

My big dream for the kitchen: Replace all cupboards with something darker, buy stainless steel appliances, a granite countertop, and tile the backsplash with something shinily funky. Replace lighting.

Reality: Accept that my cupboards will never math my floor (stupid condo developers), love my black appliances, accept my black formica counter, save backsplash tiling for when I have more $$, and put up two Ikea steel racks for extra storage. Keep dreaming about lighting replacements.

Boo. But at least on the wall right outside the kitchen, I have a most fabulous painting of a purple chandelier, bought on power sale at an art exhibit.

I love art.

3 comments:

AndreAnna said...

I need pics of this purple chandelier!

Mood Indigo said...

yes- you promised pics! I will be posting pics of my new room when it's up and running in a week or two :)

With Love, Fat Girl said...

The more I read what I'm writing about my place, the more I have to agree that pics are necessary, but my digi is in a state of distress. I'm trying really hard for next week!